Mar 19, 2014

Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk

It's time to talk a little basketball. I was looking through the list of international prospects. And one Ukrainian guy caught my eye. His name is Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk. Extremely talented from what I've seen. And I only saw one highlight reel. The last time I was so impressed was after watching Seventh Woods' official hoopmixtape(to this day I have no idea what makes it official). They have something in common though they are completely different kinds of players. On the one hand, we have the most freakish athlete, basketball has seen probably since LeBron himself, and everything that comes with it, and on the other hand is the narrow-shouldered(but still pretty athletic) white kid from Ukraine with a great jump shot, ballhandling skills,  high basketball IQ(don't really like using this term).
 I'm tired of young players' mixes. They are all the same, there are guys just dunking all over the place. Unlike them, Sviatoslav is showing a more profound game, and he is only 16 years old. I'd give a lot to see Sviatoslav going against Seventh.
I wish him luck and hope to see him in NBA one day.
Update: Sviatoslav will be attending the University of Kansas. This is a great opportunity for US basketball fans to witness one of the best young players from Europe and he's getting a great chance to eventually make his way into NBA. One last thing is we have to come up with some kind of nickname for Sviatoslav, it's obvious that American people wouldn't be able to say his name properly. Leave your ideas in the comments.    

No comments:

Post a Comment